This Page

has been moved to new address

My restaurant guide pt. 1 (the diners)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hipstercrite: My restaurant guide pt. 1 (the diners)

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

My restaurant guide pt. 1 (the diners)


I am the queen of diners.
Ah, yes.
I grew up in Central New York, you see, so that is all we had.
So needless to say, I am partial to them.
My nightly adventures throughout L.A. usually include stopping at a diner and sitting with the other solo, typically over 70 years of age, crowd.

I live within walking distance of Norm's on La Cienega. Though I generally go there once a week, I would not recommend it unless you enjoy being nauseous on a consistent basis. With that being said, I continue going back and continue to wonder why my $6 steak is rubbery and makes me feel "icky" afterwards.

When I first moved to L.A., I lived at the infamous "Cokewoods" and would go to Bob's Big Boy in Burbank once a week. Their food is much better. In fact, it is one of my favorite places in Los Angeles. They have the best strawberry pie and coffee. Their burgers are huge and have terrific ranch dressing. They have something called "chilli spaghetti" that's easy to make and very good. The atmosphere is comfortable but not dirty and they stay open all night!

There very first place I ate when I drove out to Los Angeles was Mel's Diner on Ventura in Sherman Oaks. Mel's food is equal to that of Bob's and their menu is bigger, however, the food is a couple of bucks more. I have eaten at all three Mel's a number of times and they're all great (their is a fourth Mel's located in San Francisco). As you may know, Mel's was famously featured in George Lucas' AMERICAN GRAFFITI. The one at Hollywood and Highland has sucky parking. Typically you can see celebs sitting at the one on Sunset. Mel's has the best potato salad called "Herman's Potato Salad" and they have yummy floats and a turkey burger with grilled mushrooms. You can actually get all three together in drink form and the combo is out of this world (sarcasm).

Fred 62 on Vermont is the hipster diner of Los Feliz.
With healthy but yummy menu choices, funny plate names, and everything ending in .62 cents, one can not not enjoy their time there. You can also order booze! Fred 62 is located on the cute little block of Vermont with boutiques and cafes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home