This Page

has been moved to new address

5 cool things to do in L.A.

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hipstercrite: 5 cool things to do in L.A.

Thursday, May 18, 2006

5 cool things to do in L.A.


My never ending quest to try and find new and exciting things to do in Los Angeles has just produced some more options...
Here are five cool things to do in L.A. during the summer.

1.) Sherman Oaks Castle Park @ 4989 Sepulveda Blvd. (if you're cruisin' down Ventura coming from Hollywood, take a right at the Galleria and it's just a few blocks down Sepulveda).
This place rocks.
We were driving along and all of a sudden saw a magic glowing castle in the distance. This must be the place, we thought, and pulled into the magic glowing parking lot. We walked up the draw bridge and entered the blinding fluorescent arcade and watched the 12 year-old punks and new generation valley girls suck on Churros and play air hockey. After getting bored with that we decided to get down to business and play a mean game of mini-golf. The course looked like Disneyland. With lakes and pirate boats and haunted houses and rabbits frolicking the course we got easily distracted and made a hour long game into about 3 hours before we passed out at hole no. 17. Check it out. It's cheap, fun, and great if everyone around you is drunk.

2.) Hollywood Forever Cemetary screenings (bi-weekly in the summer, 6000 Santa Monica Blvd.)
Ok, I can't find a schedule for the screenings for the life of me....but trust me it's cool. Even if you show up and there isn't a screening going on, it's still worth wandering around. Check out that prime real estate up above ;) Seriously, I saw headstones that looked like you could throw a mattress on them and take a nap.
On a section of the cemetary bare of headstones, people sat on blankets, toked up, and watched the classic movie of the week being projected on a giant mausoleum. I felt like I was at Coachella again. It was a blast. The movie played last Saturday was THE BIRDS and though the movie SUCKS ASS it was pretty cool having the sound of birds fly by your head late at night in a cemetary. Sound system is good, un-Godly long line for the bathroom. Parking can be a hassle so get there early or late and leave early.
This Saturday (5/20) at the Hollywood Forever Cemetary they are screening Edgar Ulmer's film DETOUR. 7PM, $10.

3.) Venice beach
I used to go here every Sunday . It was my little Garden of Eden.
I was jogging down the boardwalk once and was stopped by a man who told me I had a pain in my back. I shrugged and smiled. He told me that I had depression in my kidneys which means I have depression in my head. However, it was nothing to worry about.
And he walked away.
I miss that.

...I'm getting tired of writing so for the next two I'm gonna wimp out...

4.) Driving through Mulholland at night never gets old.

5.) Hiking at Griffith Observatory

3 Comments:

At 12:11 AM, Blogger Ned said...

I see you still like cemeteries. Excellent. Always retain those pieces that are quintessentially yours :-)

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Hipstercrite said...

ok...froggity...who are you and what the hell are you talking about? :P

 
At 12:57 AM, Blogger Hipstercrite said...

hey you!
how much did it cost?
i'll catch up with you.
what's your email?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home