This Page

has been moved to new address

Fashion Find- Master & Servant

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hipstercrite: Fashion Find- Master & Servant

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Fashion Find- Master & Servant

Do you have that one dress, one pair of hot pants, or that one hat that always compels people to stop you, grab you arm, and say in a low voice, "Where on Earth did you get that?"

Well I just found me a pair of socks that garnered lots of comments at Whole Foods yesterday ('cause you have to look good when you go to Whole Foods).
And an awkward run-in with a security guard at Wells Fargo.

The security guard was sitting on a bench, and I think she quietly said, "I like your boots" (meaning she liked my awesome kick-ass lace-up slippers) as I walked by. I didn't quite hear what she said, so I turned and gave a slight smile. The sort of smile that says, "I have no idea if you were talking to me or not, but here, here is a half smile to sort of acknowledge what you said". I started obsessing over whether or not she was talking to me and I started to sweat. I wanted to walk up to her and say, "Thank you!", but the time for that had past and I started to rock back and forth in line. When I left the bank and nodded to her, she stared at me stone-faced and I was convinced that she now hated me for giving her a half-ass smile in return for her very sweet compliment.

So you wanna know what socks will get you compliments at Whole Foods and awkward Larry David-like situations at banks?
The best part?
They're $7.
They also come in white.
Make sure to check out Sock Theory's broad collection of unique socks, leg warmers, arm warmers, knee-highs, and panty-hose. Definitely my new favorite online store.

Here are few pics of me wearing my new lace-up's. I had to cut my head out because the sun was so bright yesterday, between my squinting and scrunched up mouth while squinting, I looked like what would happen if Renee Zellweger and Sloth procreated.

Also, I don't shine my shoes. Obs.


Labels:

21 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Melanie's Randomness said...

Omg those are really friggin cool!!! I love the straps!!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger tranish said...

Bad ass shoes!

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Nadster said...

shut up! those can't be socks?!?! .... very cool

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Kathryn said...

Love them! :)
Gonna check out that website.
Hopefully they ship to UK?!

Kate x

 
At 12:49 PM, Blogger IT (aka Ivan Toblog) said...

's alright. I came to see your legs again anyway.

OMG - that was fun!!!

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

those are terribly sexy.

 
At 3:14 PM, Blogger Jill said...

very unique!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger The Mad Dame said...

Those are some badass socks, my friend.

 
At 3:50 PM, Blogger Mel said...

These are perfect. They're hard-core AND they take me back to my childhood days of dressing like a ballerina. The best of both worlds.

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Lucky Lizard Ranch said...

Thanks for the link! LOVE her videos and all the socks!
The security guard probably said "quit staring at my roots", and that is why the mini-proximity relationship developed the weirdness.

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Grant said...

I bet the guys at Foot Patrol would agree with me when I say thank you socktheory. Now if you will excuse me I have some "research" to do.

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Ray Cray said...

those are sick! what would compliment them would be a license plate purse! I have one and people stop me every time I have it with me. im sure they sell them on ebay or something. once again, what a deal for those slippers!!

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Coll said...

Like them even better without the boots. Very sexy!

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger EMQ said...

Those. Socks. Are. Amazing. As is Sock Theory. Thanks!

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

thank you for mentioning that website!
it inspired a post for me!
www.ohiwantneed.blogspot.com

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Raymi Lauren said...

fashion NEED

 
At 8:19 PM, Blogger Mrs. B said...

holy crap, *love* those!

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger RealisticOverdose said...

Wait i really LOVE those socks! They can make a simple outfit...scream " hey look at me" lol... i love ur blog by the way.

NewAgeRealist.blogspot.com

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Austin Eavesdropper said...

Those shoes / straps / whatever they are make me hot. Damn.

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

cutesies!!

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger merl said...

"I looked like what would happen if Renee Zellweger and Sloth procreated."


bwahahahahahahahaha. you made me snort caffeine free diet pepsi up my nose. don't worry, I forgive you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home