This Page

has been moved to new address

Vintage Clothing Handsome Dad Toe Sucking

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hipstercrite: Vintage Clothing Handsome Dad Toe Sucking

Friday, January 29, 2010

Vintage Clothing Handsome Dad Toe Sucking


Here is another reason why Austin is way cooler than your city.
We like to wear each other's clothing.
It's true.

You will not come across a more happy recycling city than Austin.
Well, maybe Portland.
But who wants to live in Portland?
Nobody.
Though the two cities are almost identical- rent and population about the same, both are excellent bike cities, both use the motto, "Keep (Insert City Here) Weird", Austin has a substantially lower unemployment rate (6.9 vs. 10.8).
And the hipsters are more friendly and tolerable here. We actually smile.

This Saturday one of our favorite local bloggers, Austin Eavesdropper, is hosting the first ever Rock N' Swap at the Beauty Bar 6-10PM. Bring 10 items to swap or $5 to get in. You'll be able to rummage through everyone's clothing with one hand, while nestling a free rum cocktail in the other. There will be music and cupcakes as well.

RSVP here
_________________________________
So the old man is in town this weekend, which means we will be mistaken time and time again for a creepy old player and his young money hungry wife.

Take a look at this fella. Isn't he handsome?


I haven't seen him in awhile and I'm looking forward to showing him what Austin is all about.
We're checking out the Foot Patrol show tomorrow night at Antone's.
If you don't know what Foot Patrol is, what the fuck is wrong with you?
Think Stevie Wonder with a foot fetish.
I was even lucky enough to have my toes sucked on by TJ.





21 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Christine Macdonald said...

My niece MUST be havin' a blast in Austin (UT). I can't wait to visit her this year.

WOW. Your pop is hott-mc-hotterson.

Have a blast!

I love vintage clothes....

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger inflammatory writ said...

Your dad? Kind of a silver fox, I have to say!

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Angie said...

Must be awkward to be mistaken for your dad's wife. How do you respond??

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger Hipstercrite said...

@Kiki- YES! You must come and visit soon than later! Lemme know when you are planning a visit and if you have time, we can grab a drink!

@Inflammatory Writ- Hahaha! Thanks!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Hipstercrite said...

@Angie- We get it so often we just laugh. The first time it happened it was weird. One time a college girlfriend who is younger than me, was asked if she was my Mom. She almost started crying.

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger IT (aka Ivan Toblog) said...

"But who wants to live in Portland?"

Portland's challenge is that it is between other places folks would rather be... even in Oregon.

Those gotta be some fine toes!!!
I might want me some a that.

 
At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

not to be all weird, but your dad really IS good looking.


when I used to go anywhere with my dad, I used to make him walk ten steps behind me out of embarrassment... he used to where these really weird outfits as if he was stuck in the eighties (jean shorts over sweat pants). God I was such a bitch.

anyway austin looks really cool, I think I might have to visit one day soon.

 
At 1:31 PM, Blogger Michelle Roger said...

Ok your Dad is a hot silver fox. Oh I feel kinda weird and dirty now. Sorry.

 
At 2:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, I have to concur with the other posters here- your Dad is mucho hottas! And I don't feel dirty at all in saying that...

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger hmla2599 said...

Yeah, there's a vague possibility I'd hit on your dad.

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger cj Schlottman said...

I think I might live. Your dad is HOT!

 
At 7:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone wants to live here in Austin although I did over hear a very angry hipster couple talking about how expensive the organic food was here, but they're obviously not from Portland if they're comparing.

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Laurie said...

Your pops is super cute...mine kinda looks like Harry in Harry and the Hendersons, but you know, without all the hair....

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Mandie said...

Rock'n'Swap sounds awesome.

Maybe I should start packing my bags...

 
At 8:07 PM, Blogger bard said...

You're funny. You're also witty, sexy, intelligent, and entertaining. I'm glad I stumbled across your blog.

Have a good time with your dad!

 
At 9:32 AM, Blogger Chris Thompson said...

mmmmm . . . toe sucking [saccharine hufaws]

 
At 10:52 AM, Blogger G said...

hipsters are always friendly!

 
At 11:38 AM, Blogger That Chelsea Girlâ„¢ said...

I love Portland, I have family there, it's pretty chill. But the rain is why I can't ever live there, haha. Anywho, hope you had fun at the Rock 'n Swap!

 
At 3:12 AM, Blogger victoria.renee said...

austin hipsters > everywhere else hipsters

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Suburban Sweetheart said...

I'm so jealous. I want to go to there.

I never want to have to step foot in Texas, but I could perhaps make an exception for a clothing swap.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Signe said...

<3
Yes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home