This Page

has been moved to new address

Music- Wolf Gang (A Band I Really Want to See at SXSW)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hipstercrite: Music- Wolf Gang (A Band I Really Want to See at SXSW)

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Music- Wolf Gang (A Band I Really Want to See at SXSW)



Forget that this British band's name is Wolf Gang. Forget that there are four hundred other bands with the word "wolf" in it or that Phoenix's last album was titled "Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix".

'Cause this guy is really good.

Like makes me feel like I'm the subject of a Bret Easton Ellis novel, watching the sun go down in Santa Monica with my Wayfarers on good.

This single has car commercial/episode of 'Gossip Girl'/played on American Apparel's Viva Radio written all over it. I have a feeling he's going to be big over here in America.

Perfect blend of British 80's synth pop and LA indie scene.

You can hear more music here.

Check out the video for "The King And All of His Men".



Labels:

10 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this song is really good,

and you are so fucking amazeballs i cant even stand it. I wish I was cool liek you.

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Yukon said...

Thank you for introducing me to the wolf. I really like their sound.

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Ian Credible said...

Sounds like Mew a little bit. I like it. I'm with you. I think they'll probably be big--big like the Ting Tings or something borderline commerical like that.

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger "Julie" said...

love it and love the fact that i'm not the only one who's weirded out by all the "wolf" in band titles lately...can't WAIT for sxsw

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Age said...

Have you ever read "The Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing"? You have that sound to your writing. I like it. A. Lot.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Coll said...

Phoenix with a British accent, but I dig.

For the record, my favorite wolf is Sea Wolf.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Christina Harper said...

I remember seeing something about this band the other day, but I never really thought about checking out their sound. Thanks for posting. It's pretty cool.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Hipstercrite said...

Hopefully he'll do some more shows in the US besides SXSW.

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God I love being clued into new music...
I love this song, and I'll definitely check out the rest.
Thanks a bunch!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Fathima said...

Loving this sound! thanks! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home