This Page

has been moved to new address

Hipster Gift Guide Pt. 1

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hipstercrite: Hipster Gift Guide Pt. 1

Wednesday, December 09, 2009

Hipster Gift Guide Pt. 1

Ok, we all hate hipsters, even if we are one, but there is no denying that hipsters have good taste in movies, music, art, and clothing.
Or maybe they just tell you that.

Anyways, if you're having difficulty finding a gift for that adorable little hipster in your convoluted life, then you're a shitty friend.

Here is a list of some stuff you can buy them.

1.) Nothing says I love you in a homo-erotic way than a Tobias Funke sock monkey with exposed balls.
"Those are balls."


2.) A Spinal Tap t-shirt that doesn't reference the number 11?
Or maybe just give them a shit sandwich for Christmas.


3.) In case you were trying to subtly tell your friends that you're a homicidal maniac that has a thing for Oliver People glasses and Huey Lewis and didn't know how to say it.


4.) For only $150 you can get your honey Vincent Gallo's dried cum on a t-shirt. For substantially more, she can carry his offspring.
How 2004....


5.) Thought DeLoreans were a thing of the past? Well think again. For only $57K you can finally reenact the ending scene of "Back to the Future" like you've always wanted to and have been waiting for your entire life.


6.) Customize a Republic bike for that hipster biker in your life. Make sure you get them a fucking brightly colored bike cap too.
(If I could eat this photo and magically morph into it, I would)


7.) To satiate the unbridled Rick Moranis lover in your life, get them a copy of Moranis' country album "The Agoraphobic Cowboy" at Rickmoranis.com


8.) Just in time for the holidays! A box set that will not only blow your friends away, but your parents too! Everyone needs the sweet sounds of Daryl Hall and John Oates in their life.

EVERYONE.

Make sure you throw in a pack of fake mustaches too.



Labels:

10 Comments:

At 1:04 PM, Blogger magnolia*mama said...

might I also suggest

http://www.mcphee.com/shop/products/Avenging-Narwhal-Play-Set.html

the unicorn is pretty sweet too. hipsters love magical creatures!

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Grant said...

So that is what Rick Moranis has been up to.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Hipstercrite said...

Sarah-Hahahaha....that is a pretty good one! I'll have to include it on the other parts of my list!

Grant- Yes, Rick Moranis lost his wife in the early 90's and spendt most of his time being a full-time Dad. Now that his kids are grown, he's slowly starting to do more things in the entertainment world.

I love him.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger JohnGross said...

this clip is so brilliant because of the primus joke. seems relevant to steer you towards it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qoXq_gxX4k&feature=player_embedded#at=24

 
At 3:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

...I am seriously considering the Rick Moranis cd.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger hmla2599 said...

My dad got me a 43 issue subscription to The New Yorker for Christmanukah.

My mom asked me for my ring size so she could buy me a bottle opener ring from Exit 9. She knows me well.

I think it's safe to say I'm an intellectual hipster. Or a drunk. A hemingway hipster?

Meh.

P.s. My ex went to school with Moranis' son. They hated each other.

 
At 6:51 PM, Blogger Stephen K said...

Screw Moranis, I want the BIKE!

p.s. Sometimes, it's all about a bit of Hall and Oates :D

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

You are Hilarious. Great stuff. I think i might've pee'd me pants. Keep up the good work.-fin

J.D.
www.writerontheverge.com

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Jill said...

LOL ok i see the T shirt reference now

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger cojappelli said...

I think you should come up with a hipster questionnaire. Just a thought.

By the way, find me on wordpress.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home