This Page

has been moved to new address

Austin- Day 231 (A Love Letter)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hipstercrite: Austin- Day 231 (A Love Letter)

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Austin- Day 231 (A Love Letter)


Dear Austin,

We've been dating now for 231 days! 
I can't believe it! 
Remember the day I showed up on your doorstep, a lost but eager child? My car was filled to the brim with only what I could carry. I had no job lined up, no friends to carry me through. I left behind the life I knew to take a chance on you, Austin, and it was worth it!

That day was the first time I ever laid eyes on you... and it was love at first sight.
That's not to say there wasn't a bumpy honeymoon. I often doubted my dedication to you, my mind was frequently tempted by my former flame, Los Angeles. L.A. would string me along, seduce me with her layered mystique and you've been patient with me, Austin. You've understood my complicated relationship with L.A. A love-hate tango that will probably never dance away. But you stuck by me and my love for you has grown stronger. Every day, you inspire me with your selfless ways and creative energy.

I've turned a blind eye to your flaws, just as you have to me. I forgive you for your laziness, your confusing road signs and service roads, 6th street, enormous feral cat population, and stupid combo of high temperatures and high humidity.

I look forward to growing older with you, though it SCARES THE LIVING SHIT OUT OF ME, to think of staying in one place for any length of time. No matter what happens between us, Austin, just know that you have given me so much and I'm willing to stick it in for the long haul (though there may be times I have an occasional drunken hook up with Los Angeles- I'm just throwing that out there).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home