This Page

has been moved to new address

Music Is My Boyfriend

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hipstercrite: Music Is My Boyfriend

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Music Is My Boyfriend



"I have incredible taste in music!", I thought as I drove into work this morning.

It's true. I listen to some good shit.

My amazingly cool parents treated me to the sweet sounds of Stevie Wonder and Earth, Wind, and Fire while I was still in the womb.

Now, I don't have the broadest taste. I don't listen to classical or rap or country or blues or jazz or folk. But if it's anything resembling rock, pop, experimental, singer-songwriter, disco, new age (NEW AGE!? I wrote fucking NEW AGE!?! I mean NEW WAVE!), or indie between the years of 1955-1960, 1967-1969, 1971-1978, 1980-1989, 2000-current then I know it like I know every freckle on my face.

I was that strange little girl that could list Fleetwood Mac albums in chronological order at 13. I had a poster of Elton John circa 1972 hanging above my bed. Now, I upgraded- I have a David Bowie circa '72 silkscreen sitting above my bed. I made a Frank Zappa mask in my college religion class and got an A+. I try to dress like David Byrne and swore I was going to die at the last Arcade Fire concert and be ok with it.

Today, I felt it was time to finalize my top ten song list in case Itunes ever asks me to participate in their celebrity playlists. By God, I will have an answer for them.

1. This Must be the Place (Naive Melody)- Talking Heads/Stop Making Sense (live version)
2. Rebellion (No Lies)- Arcade Fire/Funeral
3. Paradise by the Dashboard Light- Meatloaf/Bat of Hell
4. Shine a Light- Wolf Parade/Apologies to the Queen Mary
5. Only a Lad- Oingo Boingo/Only a Lad
6. Harmony- Elton John/Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
7. Little Red Corvette- Prince/ 1999
8. I'm on Fire/Born to Run- Bruce Springsteen/Nebraska/Born to Run (I can't chose!)
9.
10.

Crap, I guess I won't have answer for them...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home