This Page

has been moved to new address

The Night of the Acquitted B-List Actor Pt. 3

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hipstercrite: The Night of the Acquitted B-List Actor Pt. 3

Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Night of the Acquitted B-List Actor Pt. 3

His ideas weren't that great.

He wanted to tour with Anne Margaret or Rita Moreno and entertain the people of Peoria, IL. Mr. W had a thing for Peoria. Peoria represented life. Not the machine that is Hollywood; the machine he has drudged through since he was 3 years old. L.A. is all that he's known, but he understands that there are real people out there. People who don't get the urge to kill.

I politely and nervously told him my thoughts.

"Honestly, at this point in your career, I think you need to reach out to people like Tarantino or Lynch. Those are the guys that will take a chance on you. People are too scared right now because they think...well...you know what people think."

"I know they think I killed Patty."

AWKWARD!
Change the subject, change the subject, change the subject...

I was saved by the people sitting next to us.

"Excuse me Mr. W." The mother said in hush tones. "We just want you to know that we are huge fans of your show, it was quite popular in South America and the people of our village would go every night and pray for you in the church."

Mr. W was touched, but not surprised.

Before my eyes was a small, defeated man, but inside I could see an ego the size of the moon still alive and well. I think that is the only thing that has kept him going. He had no money, no family, and no career, but his belief that he would become a star again was the only thing that kept him from killing himself.

Mr. W and I talked for five hours that day. As we parted ways, I found that I wanted to see him again.

"Let's keep brainstorming ideas for you and meet same time next week? What do you say?"

He shook his head and laughed.

"I don't think so."

"So be it."

We shook hands and each got in our respective cars. Me in my '06 Nissan Versa, he in his '96 Toyota Corolla.

I chalked up the experience as potential for a great dinner story or future blog.

Three days later I get a call from him...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home