This Page

has been moved to new address

Rick Moranis in the New GHOSTBUSTERS?!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hipstercrite: Rick Moranis in the New GHOSTBUSTERS?!

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Rick Moranis in the New GHOSTBUSTERS?!


I want to declare my love for Rick Moranis.

RICK MORANIS, I LOVE YOU!

Phew, now that that is out of the way...

I was pretty excited when news surfaced a few days ago that Rick is on board for the new GHOSTBUSTERS movie (yes, they're doing a new GHOSTBUSTERS with the original cast supposedly on board). This would be Rick's first live action feature since 1997 (and for all you idiots out there who are always like, "Haha, whatever happened to that guy?...by the way, I'm a douchebag.", why don't you take a second to read his bio and learn that his wife passed away and he opted to focus on his family. Feel like an ass now? HUH?)

Rick has been one of my all-time faves since I was four years old and watched GHOSTBUSTERS every day for three months straight much to my parents chagrin. I would quote the same lines of dialogue over and over, though I absolutely had no idea what they were talking about ("Mom, what does Dana mean when she says to Peter, "I want you inside of me?") 

Though my four-year-old little heart belonged to Dr. Egon Spengler (I have a thing for fictional scientists...Doc Brown, I'm still waiting for your call...), I knew that Louis Tully was somebody special. As I got older, I ended up falling in love with almost every Rick Moranis movie I saw (yes, even MY BLUE HEAVEN!)

LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS, STRANGE BREW, SPACEBALLS, CLUB PARADISE...Rick always played some wonderful character that struck a chord. Thanks for making my childhood, AWESOME!

Below is a list of my top ten favorite Rick performances. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do! 

(P.S. Rick also recently released a country/western album entitled "The Agoraphobic Cowboy", which you can purchase on his site at www.rickmoranis.com)

-SCTV ('80-'82)- Rick Moranis does the BEST Woody Allen I've ever seen. Since I can't find a video of Rick doing Woody, here is some McKenzie Brothers for ya, eh.



-STRANGE BREW ('83)- The Bob and Doug McKenzie movie! Beer, world domination, Max von Sydow. How much better can you get than that?



-GHOSBUSTERS ('84)- "Gozer the Traveler. He will come in one of the pre-chosen forms. During the rectification of the Vuldrini, the traveler came as a large and moving Torg! Then, during the third reconciliation of the last of the McKetrick supplicants, they chose a new form for him: that of a giant Slor! Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you! "



-CLUB PARADISE ('86)- so few people know about this movie, but yet it's fantastic! A lot of the SCTV cast were in it, including Eugene Levy. Eugene and Rick play the slimy, gold bejeweled Barry and Barry on the prowl of women and weed in the Caribbean.



-LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS ('86)- That voice! That hair! Those khakis! 



-SPACEBALLS ('87)- "I bet she gives great helmet."



-GHOSTBUSTERS II ('89)-: "Your Honor, ladies and gentleman of the audience, I don't think it's fair to call my clients frauds. Sure, the blackout was a big problem for everybody. I was trapped in an elevator for two hours and I had to make the whole time. But I don't blame them. Because one time, I turned into a dog and they helped me. Thank you."



-HONEY, I SHRUNK THE KIDS ('89)- not my absolute favorite... but it can't be denied. Here is a long ass scene from the beginning of the movie (it's not easy finding HISTK clips on Youtube)



-PARENTHOOD ('89)- again, not a fave fave, but Rick and Steven Martin were pretty funny it. Another difficult clip to find. It's either the trailer or the popular-when-I-was-in-second-grade clip, "The diarrhea song". Here is the trailer.



-MY BLUE HEAVEN ('90)- silly movie where Rick plays the straight man and Steven Martin plays a dark-haired Italian?




And in honor of the man, I found this wonderfully creepy video of someone who loves Rick more than me. Enjoy!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 6:53 PM, Blogger Eric said...

Lauren, I guarantee you this is the most epic Moranis post on the internet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home