This Page

has been moved to new address

Culture Map Austin

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hipstercrite: Culture Map Austin

Monday, July 18, 2011

Culture Map Austin


Culture Map Austin launched today!

What is Culture Map you ask?

Well, it's going to be THE source for news, entertainment, culture, food, sports, style and events in Austin, Texas.

After the success of Culture Map Houston, the gang decided to take the site on the road to the capital city. What better fit than real-time news and opinion in the #8 most socially networked city in America?

I'm very excited about today's launch because I am also a contributor! I hope you will take the time to puruse the site today. I think you will like what you see. In the meantime, here is a snippet of my first post. You can click on the link below to read more...

______________________

"I have a N.Y. driver's license, L.A. mailing address and Austin physical address.

Please don't hold the N.Y. and L.A. parts against me. I roll my eyes just as much as you do when somebody in Austin tells me they moved here from either place.


And if you're a cop, please don't arrest me. I don't want to get rid of my N.Y. driver's license quite yet. I'm 16 in the picture and I'm not ready to let go of my childhood at this time. Even though I look like a bloated Blossom Russo in the picture, 16 was a beautiful time in my life. A time filled of firsts: first kiss, first car, and first set of badly needed tweezers.


I moved to Austin from Los Angeles three years ago for the heck of it. Austin had been popping up on 'best of' lists left and right--"best city to find a job," "best city to date," "best city to relocate to and work on your writing after becoming disillusioned with your career in Los Angeles"--and it seemed like the place for me. Doing what typically falls around #7 on every parent's list of Top Ten Fears Regarding Their Child, I quit my job, packed what I could in my little Nissan Versa and drove east on I-10 to a city where I knew no one. As I watched the skyline of Los Angeles shrink in my rear-view mirror, I daydreamed about the Six Feet Under-esque journey I was about to embark on with my Wayfarers in hand and Kings of Leon CD in the stereo. Little did I know that though the Wayfarers would be accepted where I was about to end up, Kings of Leon albums were not, and I had to promptly chuck the CD out the window once I arrived..."


Click HERE to continue.... 

5 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger Tiffany said...

You are slowly, but surely convincing me to move there.

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Hipstercrite said...

Slowly?! ;)

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Big Mark 243 said...

I feel the same way about (don't laugh) OMAHA!! I am glad that you are in a place where you feel comfortable and more importantly, HAPPY!!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger @40ktoday said...

It was funny to me, I suppose your first paragraph gave it away, but I immediately knew who wrote that article. Well, at least which blogger did.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger Jess Lonett said...

i just started following your blog recently because i'm trying to move to austin after my bf graduates from college. don't worry i'm not from ny or la ;)

this put a smile on my face while reading it and can't wait until i am drunk dialing austin and professing my love too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home