This Page

has been moved to new address

Life on the East Side

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hipstercrite: Life on the East Side

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Life on the East Side

Hey All!
My apologies if you've already seen this video that I made. I wasn't able to write a post last night due to an elections viewing/Texas Tribune anniversary party where, incidentally, I ran into a boy I formerly dated and we both acted like we didn't see each other. I was also harassed outside by a man who stated that he was from Africa and asked if I spoke French. He did not have a detectable accent other than that of "high as a kite", and when I asked him if he had eaten at the new and delicious African food trailer, Cazamance, owned by a lovely gentleman from Senegal, he asked me if the food was Mediterranean. I explained to him that Senegal is on the Western side of Africa and then he proceeded to walk into me and shout, "I'm chill! I'm no asshole! I just do my thing! Wait, where are you going?!"

The video below is made on the new movie-making platform, Xtranormal. I first came across Xtranormal after a Twitter follower of my former boss- a Hollywood producer- made a video about how my former boss will not accept his LinkedIn invite. It's pretty funny, but probably funnier if you know my former boss. Then I noticed Xtranormal Geico commercials popping up on Hulu. It's easy and fun to use!

My film is based off of a hypothetical conversation between two young women who live in East Austin- an area much like the Easts of other major cities- full of gentrification, artists, converted lofts, and trendy bars. I posted the conversation on my blog months back, but thought, "What the hell? Why not add monotonal, three-dimensional cartoons to it?" I'm surprised at the positive response it has received and have been talked into creating a short series.

I'd love your feedback!


10 Comments:

At 8:23 AM, Blogger Big Mark 243 said...

I think this was cool. We should collab on something... you could teach me a thing or two. I loved this. I have to find out how this is done!!

And yes... I remember those words!! You could write a wonderful script!!

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger TESSHDZ said...

I'm still laughing at the tummy-rubbing.... Great vid and certainly cheered me up on this cloudy, gloomy day :) I say YES to a short series!

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger laurenne said...

Ahahaha! I love it!
Hilarious.
I mean, really really really hilarious.


Wendy's, Jack Daniels, backyard mattress, and top it off with the master's degree! LOVE this.

Plus, I like how her hands are down past her knees.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

AMAZING! Still laughing!

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hey, that's where I keep my Master's degree too!! LOL this is genius.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Hipstercrite said...

@Mark- Were you able to check out the Xtranormal site? It's pretty easy to use and super fun!

@Trina- YAY! Thanks for watching!

@Laurenne- HA! I know. I just realized that yesterday. I was like, "Holy shit, she has ape arms!"

@Brooke- :D

@Birkley- If I had a Master's, I would too...

Thanks for the feedback everyone!!!

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Austin Eavesdropper said...

Ack - my computer won't make the vid appear!! I will try a different browser.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Allie said...

HAHAHAH that video was great. definitely made my day.

 
At 5:11 AM, Blogger . said...

This is definitely on. I'd like to see more when you make them. BTW Do you have a tumblr?

http://anoutfitforeveryseason.com/

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Meghan said...

bahahhahhahahah. lolzzzz. please tell me this didn't happen to you?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home