This Page

has been moved to new address

It's Sappy Fun Happy Thank You Time!

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hipstercrite: It's Sappy Fun Happy Thank You Time!

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

It's Sappy Fun Happy Thank You Time!

I want to thank every one of you who take a few minutes out of your day to read my blog.
Your interest and comments are what keep me writing. Many of you have helped to create confidence in myself as a writer, and for that, I'm forever grateful.

I wish there was a way to thank all of individually, but the best I can do is show you some of the blogs that have supported and inspired me along the way.

_________________

Photography- Thar She Blargs
In our day-to-day journey, we connect with thousands of people. We collect each other like magnets. However, we can only carry so much weight, so at the end of the day, you cut off the fat and see what has stuck. What people have made an impression on you. The people you want to make sure hang around for awhile. I'm very lucky to be friends with the author of this blog.
In Emily, I see myself, but mostly I see somebody I wish I could be. Her photography conveys what I could only hope for in my writing. Her art shows a woman much wiser beyond her years.


I have never met these lovely ladies, but I would like to! They were one of the first blogs I came across in my venture into blogdom (did I really just use that word?) and I have been a fan ever since. Not only because of their impeccable taste in movies, their creativity with their blog, and their overall class, but because they made a "The Jerk" t-shirt. If you are a movie buff and haven't checked out their site yet, well, you haven't discovered your special purpose yet.


Chances are you already know the name Hannah Miet. Chances are you are already a big fan.
Something about this girl makes you want to follow her. She shows you little secrets of herself then pulls away. She has written some of the most beautiful words I've seen on a blog. I'm hoping to see big things from her very soon...


Social Commentary- Lesbifriends
It's hard to categorize Lesbifriends as just one thing, because it's not. It's social commentary, it's twenty-something musings, it's GLBTQ pride, it's the story of a young, smart, pretty, and motivated young woman in D.C. When I came across Ashley's blog, I was instantly hooked. Her ability to eloquently convey her thoughts and feelings, all while maintaining a level of journalistic professionalism still amazes me. I find myself nodding my head in agreement after every post. She is a blog worth following.


Austin Eavesdropper was one of the first Austin social blogs I came across. I'd read it and think, "Shit, I want to be this gal!" Tolly not only boasts an impressive writing resume, she also keeps Austinites in the know as to what the heck is going on in the city. Oh, and she sponsors some of the coolest events in town. I call her Momma Austin Blogger and she will always be that to me.


No blog has touched me as much as The Red Sweater. I came across CJ's blog through a comment she left on My Soul is a Butterfly. Her comment struck me and I went to her blog. CJ's blog is her way of dealing with her husband's death, celebrating his life, voicing her feelings, and exercising her writing. Not only is she a beautiful writer, but she talks about things that so many people are afraid to talk about- death and the range of emotions it creates. Her words are raw and true. I'm so happy I came across her blog.

CJ's husband, Clint

17 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Blogger Christine Macdonald said...

What a lovely post. Thank you for shining light on fellow creative folks. :)

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

I love your blog. It always brings a smile to my face:)

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger KeLLy aNN said...

ok, added some to my blog list and am totally gaga over the Flowers in the Window picture!

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger IT (aka Ivan Toblog) said...

I prefer Blogosphere over Blogdom.

Just sayin'

 
At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YaY! I know Ashley (lesbifriends) in real life and if you think she's good in a browser just imagine her in person! She's awesome. :)

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Mr. Condescending said...

Pretty fancy!

I wanna grab Hannahs boob.

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Angie said...

Oh Lauren, don't make me get sappy on your hippy ass. *sniffle* We love you so much and thanks for the shout-out! You're such a great supporter!

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger ashley said...

want to know the first thing i did after i read this? called my mother. both your and hannahs words have always touched me in an incredibly powerful way...you are the two people i both admire and respect the most in the blogworld. thank you for making my whole month with this post.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger Austin Eavesdropper said...

Eeek!!

Lauren, I am beyond honored to be on your list of blog favorites. You are the woman I humbly go to, after all, for blogging advice!

Thank you so much for the inclusion, and I can't wait to check out Lesbifriends, Thar She Blargs (lady on the couch, wow), and the others. In fact, I'm not going to wait, because I'm headed over right now...

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger hmla2599 said...

Thank you, Lauren.

I haven't had a very good day. The white sky makes my insides feel empty and blank. But you filled them for a minute with warmth. I really appreciate your (undying) support.

I'm still waiting on your first novel. There is no rush, but I'd like to see it in a year. That's my deadline for memoir 1. I want us on the shelves together. In the meantime, I am self-publishing a book of poetry. I will let you know as that progresses (and probably self-publicize it to an absurd degree everywhere I possibly can on the internet. Ha.)

I feel honored to be included in an inspirational group with Ashley, Angie and CJ. I am off to explore the others...

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger hmla2599 said...

@Mr. C - Only one? Right or left?

 
At 4:29 PM, Blogger See Emily Shop said...

<3

 
At 7:27 PM, Blogger Mr. Condescending said...

@Hannah: The right one! I need the other hand free, ya know!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Hipstercrite said...

@Hannah and Mr. Condescending- I love that this highly dirty exchange is happening on my blog. ;)

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Polly Syllabick said...

I'm seconding Miet on the need for a novel. Get on it.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger cj Schlottman said...

Your post left me weeping - again. Only this time the tears are filled with pride and gratitude that you like my work. Sometimes "Thank you" is over used and insincere. Yours has profound meaning for me and inspires me to become a better writer. You are awesome.

 
At 11:34 AM, Blogger Paula said...

This blog is terrific. I didn't know a hipster could be so upbeat.

Also---re: your love of mannequin photos, have you seen the new Old Navy mannequin contest? It's something about taking a pic of yourself in a store by those mannequins, posting it online, and getting votes to win 100k? Seems your love is going mainstream.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home