This Page

has been moved to new address

In this episode: Craiglist, The Brewery, and Edendale Grill

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hipstercrite: In this episode: Craiglist, The Brewery, and Edendale Grill

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

In this episode: Craiglist, The Brewery, and Edendale Grill


-only in L.A. baby...

-I checked out Downtown's art colony "The Brewery" this Sunday for their bi-annula open house. It was like another world. Old factory buildings from the turn of the century turned into artists living/working studios. It was great. I think I was more fascinated by the colony than the artists' work (though there are a couple of really good artists...will give a shout out later when I dig up my artist postcards I grabbed and shoved into my purse). Check it out. Nice little break from La-la land.

-I ate at the Edendale Grill in Silverlake for the first time this weekend. Felt like trying something new and read up on it's fascinating history (was a firehouse dating back to 1924 and many silent films were shot nearby). The atmosphere is intriguing and comforting and food delicious. I was a little surprised at first of the prices and small menu but regardless my meal was excellent (Entrees are around$20-28). Try the casear salad they make right at your table (raw egg, anchovy paste and everything!) and the porkchops with squash and some sort of creamy pumpkin-y sauce. Top it off with the creme brulee! I recommend the Edendale Grill for something new and exciting and definitely yummy (just bet on spending at least $75+ for two).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home