This Page

has been moved to new address

Let's Take a Moment For Local Natives

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Hipstercrite: Let's Take a Moment For Local Natives

Saturday, October 09, 2010

Let's Take a Moment For Local Natives


We've all been complaining about the lackluster line-up at this year's Austin City Limits festival, but one band that is still wowing audiences with their impressive record debut, is the Los Angeles' band Local Natives. Hopefully if you're at ACL today, you will check out Local Natives at 4:45PM on the Austin Ventures Stage. Not only will their freshman album, Gorilla Manor, knock your socks off but their live performances are just as capitivating.

It is difficult to describe Local Natives' music. It would be just as easy to say, "Oh, it sounds like dreamy rock music", but it's so much more than that. Every single song instantly takes you to someplace in your head. Someplace you're nostalgic for. Someplace long ago. Every song paints an etheral landscape that you just can't wait to travel down. It would be fair to say that they are an inspiring band, one that reminds you of the wonderful talent that exists in the world. I have no doubt that they won't become one of the biggest bands next year (but I'm secretly hoping they won't).

Below are my favorite songs off of Gorilla Manor. The music video below, "Airplanes", is the "single" off of the album. The lead singer, Kelcey Ayer, wrote this song about his grandfather whom he never met. The chorus of "I want you back" relates to the listener who has ever lost anyone and is longing to see them once again.



"Wide Eyes"- Local Natives


"Shapeshifter"- Local Natives


What do you think of Local Natives?

7 Comments:

At 12:11 PM, Blogger Tim said...

I LOVE the Local Natives.

I was at the MN State Fair in late August, hanging out at the MPR/Current booth (the Current is indie music heaven and then some). Anyway, this song popped up and my ears perked up in a way that can only be described as primal. I had no idea what I was hearing, but I loved it.

I asked a stranger at the booth who the band was. He replied, "I'm not sure, but I think it's the Local Natives."

I made a note in my iPhone and proceeded to download the entire album that evening.

The song that spawned such unashamed and wondrous love? "Airplanes"

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Claggie said...

This post makes my heart smile. <3

 
At 2:21 AM, Blogger Kisekae said...

Just saw them in Vancouver in concert and they were awesome!! So jealous! They are an amazing band! xx

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger cj Schlottman said...

lauren, i LOVE this song and the video. as you know, i have lost lots of loved ones i'd give anything to see again.

thanks...........cj

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger Stacey Lou said...

I absolutely love Local Natives and only wish I could see them live!

 
At 12:51 PM, Blogger natale eve said...

Love them- thanks for the heads up. The sound it so very... well... native. A little vampire weekend-ish, but much better. Very good :)

 
At 8:32 PM, Blogger The Good Groupie said...

Missed them at SXSW last year, so they were a must-see at ACL...and did not disappoint. Can't wait to see them in a small venue next so I can get the non-festival experience.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home